Wednesday 26 November 2014

Song Review: Start A Fire x Lil' Wayne ft. Christina Millian

SO!

My favourite rapper of all time, Lil' Wayne recently performed his latest Carter 5 single release 'Start a Fire' featuring Christina Millian [Wayne's supposed girlfriend]. He performed this at the 2014 American Music Awards.

I think that this particular record is pretty different to Lil' Wayne's previous songs that have been released from Tha Carter 5. The hook sang by Christina Millian breaks the record down a lot, and the fact that Wayne refers to his "Mamma" when rapping gives the record a softer feel than other songs.

First of all the performance where the song was first heard. I think Wayne could've made more of an effort with his performance, and I think we've all established he cannot sing, which is fine because he's a rapper, but I respect him for trying. Then again I can't really say much for Christina either, she can sing, but not live. I sound like I'm hating, I'm not. I love what Christina wore though, she looked very classy. I'm guessing she wore a Jhene Aiko inspired outfit, she looked cute! She has a really nice figure, which she showed off in the outfit she wore. I'm glad she didn't dress like a typical 'video hoe'.

My favourite song I've heard from Tha Carter 5 so far. 'Believe Me' featuring Drake was released first that was a good taster I think. It was good because it wasn't just about women and sex, it was about where Wayne and Drake are in the rap game right now. Then Wayne released Krazy. Again this song was great because it wasn't about women and sex, and it was only Wayne on this song, so all the credit went to him, solely him. After Krazy, Wayne dropped 'Grindin' the title is pretty self explanatory. This song featured Drake, I didn't like this song as much as 'Believe Me', maybe because 'Believe Me' was the first song that came out so my heart was set. Another song release on the 28th October when Tha Carter 5 was set to be released was, 'Gotti' although slight change up, Drake wasn't featured on this song, The Lox were however.  Then the latest song 'Start a Fire' was released. I'm glad that Wayne has decided to give Tha Carter 5 some promotion before releasing the full album, if you're a deep fan you'll know Waynes's not very known to promote many of his albums, concerts. It's just a Lil' Wayne thing.

Now, the song! I really like this song. It was like when I first heard 'How to Love' it was so different, and i guess if you look back to previous Lil' Wayne songs then 'Start a Fire' isn't so different, but it is very different compared to recent Lil' Wayne songs. I like how the verses are short, and they have the same flow as each other, it makes the whole song glue so well. And Christina's hook fixes the whole song. I feel like the song is very heartfelt, this could be because Wayne and Christina are dating.

I better stop before I get jealous. I do like this song, very much. I know a lot of people doubt Wayne, but I have a feeling Tha Carter 5 is going to be the Lil' Wayne comeback album from Tha Carter 3.

I just realised this wasn't much of a song review, more of an excuse to talk about Lil' Wayne. Great.

NKB

Lil Wayne - Start a Fire (2014 American Music Awards) ft. Christina Milian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7iGMleEpGM

No comments:

Post a Comment